My grandmother was an incredible woman. She was also a magician in the kitchen, and friends and family still request her meals by name (i.e. “Will you be bringing your grandma’s ham loaves/your grandma’s strawberry shortcake/your grandma’s trail bars?”)
Makes 18 cookies
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup raisins
1/4 cup apple jelly
Cinnamon Icing (blend 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 teaspoons milk to make a thin icing.)
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and soda; mix well.
- Stir in butter until evenly mixed.
- Remove 1 cup crumb mixture; set aside.
- Pat remaining mixture into greased 9-inch square pan.
- Combine raisins and jelly; toss with reserved crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle over layer in pan.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes (until edges are golden brown).
- While warm, cut into nine 3-inch squares.
- Cut each square diagonally to make triangles.
- Cool in pan.
- Drizzle with Cinnamon Icing.